Monday, November 29, 2010

Days 27-29.

I've been a bad blogger. I will explain our terrible weekend (and the reason I did not blog) in my day 28 portion of this post.

Day 27 - Pets
Right now, we are pet-less. Up until about a month ago, we had a dog. Her name is Buffy and she is 9 years old. She was our baby for the first 3 years we were married, and the year after Cameron was born and NOT mobile. As soon as Cameron began to crawl, he started tormenting her. He had no idea that when he pulled her tail or her ears, it hurt her, so he didn't know any better. Buffy started to become more and more hostile and grumpy towards Cameron, so we found her a new home. We miss her a lot, and opening our Christmas tote full of decorations was hard this year. Right on top was Buffy's stocking, and in our ornament storage bin were Buffy's ornaments. Here is Buffy in better days.

  
Day 28 - Stress
Oh man did we have some stress this weekend. I don't know about all of you, but when I heard 4-day weekend with my husband, I was excited. We would be able to relax, do some Christmas shopping, eat some good food at 2 different Thanksgiving dinners, it sounded great. Until the day our furnace decided to stop working. And of course, the day it stopped working was one of the coldest days we've had so far this winter. Great, right? We load up the kids, head over to Josh's mom's on Thanksgiving day for dinner, and come home to a freezing cold house. At this point, Josh has been in contact with a family friend who knows what he's doing when it comes to electrical/heating/etc, so they are trying to figure out what to do. He says we need to buy a part at a supply store. Okay, no problem, but they aren't open on Thanksgiving. So we set up the pack&play and a bassinet in our bedroom and have a sleepover with the kids. It was okay for the first night. 

Friday morning rolls around, and I head to Toys R Us at 6:30 am to see what they have left over from the night before. I forgot how much I love Black Friday shopping. After I got what I wanted, I head to the supply store recommended by the professional and ask for the part we need. He doesn't have it. He sends me to another store that can't sell it to me since I am a homeowner. He sends me to another place who has the part and I go home to let Josh install it. He gets it in, and it doesn't work. The professional comes over and touches the furnace and it turns on. What the heck. They go about installing our new water softener (YAY!) and replacing the pipes that will give our water a little more pressure (YAY!). The furnace stays on this whole time. I leave with the kids around 1:30 to go to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving dinner there, and Josh stays home to help the professional. I get a call on my way home from my grandma's that the furnace had gone out again. Are you freaking kidding me? So we come home to a cold house, once again. Long story short, the professional did some looking around and found that we needed a different new part and ordered it. He had us buy a wall heater at Lowe's that has a gas connector that has worked for the past couple of nights and gotten our house back up to 68 degrees! When he replaces the part in the furnace, it won't have to run nearly as often with this wall heater, and we are looking at saving a whole lot of money on our heating bill. That man is a God send.


So that, my friends, is why I have not blogged in a few days. Lots and lots of stress revolving around one stupid furnace.


Day 29 - 3 Wishes
My first and foremost wish is that my kids are/will be happy. They deserve the absolute best in life, and I will do everything in my power to make sure they get it.

I hope Josh and I will stay happy together forever. How cliche right? But really, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I hope I can continue to keep him happy in his life with me. 

And number 3 is going to be material. I wish we could get a new house. With all new everything and that nothing would ever break and everything would be peachy every single day.  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment