Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day Ten - Fears

Something I am afraid of...


Did you figure it out?

I am scared of heights. Anything taller than 5 stories, and my knees get shaky. Around the same time my knees start to shake, my head starts to spin and I feel an overwhelming need to sit down. Ugh, I hate heights.

Along the same lines as the heights, I hate flying. I am fine while the plane taxis on the runway, but as soon as it starts to accelerate, I am a wreck. Then comes the liftoff. My hands are pretty much molded to the armrests at this point. Ahh, and they finally reach the height they want to and cut the engines, and my heart jumps again as the plane seems to drop 10,000 feet. All is smooth sailing from that point on, unless there is turbulence and my hands are molded on the armrests or dug into the arms of the person sitting next to me. My favorite part of flying is the landing. I cry a few tears every single time the plane I am on lands, because I know it is finally over. Nothing like the way the plane jumps as it hits the runway to know that everything is going to be okay. =)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment