Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day Thirteen - Goals

I've been waiting for this post.

Let's talk goals. I have a few. For my short term goal, I want to have all my Christmas shopping done by the end of the first week of December. It should be an easy goal to meet too. Hannah and Cameron are each getting a big(ish) present from us and a couple of small things for their stockings. So far, they have their big(ish) presents and Cameron has 1 thing for his stocking. We already know what we are doing for our parents, and probably something small for the grandparents too. We are probably going to be grinchy this year and opt out of the secret santas.

For a medium goal, I want to lose 28 more pounds. Since the beginning of August, so 3 months ago, I have lost 27 pounds. Holy crap, right? I had a bad couple of weeks where I decided that I was just in the mood to diet, and went back up about half a pound, and then I got sick. After an awful night fighting with a stomach bug, I lost 3 pounds. The day after, I could not bring myself to eat, and I lost another half a pound. So that definitely helped my cause, but I have a LONG way to go. My goal is to be to my goal weight by the beginning of March, so about 3 1/2 months to lose 28 more pounds. I think it can be done. I miss my body from 4 years ago. Of course, I realize it will probably look a little different than back then, but I have 2 pairs of jeans calling my name.

A more long term goal is to focus on school and get some sort of degree. I will be honest, I do not have one. At all. After I graduated high school, college was the last thing on my mind. I had just spent 13 years in school and I was ready to have fun. I realize now that I made a huge mistake. I did take a couple of classes when I lived in California, but nowhere near enough to get a degree. My main focus will have to be to figure out what I want to do. I ultimately want to have a part-time job once Cameron and Hannah go to school, probably something in an office, so I will probably focus on something in that area. Big ambitions here. My main focus in my life has changed since I have kids, and I want to be able to put them first. Whatever they need, whenever they need me. But I like my alone time too, and why not get paid to get a little time away from the kids, right?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment