Friday, November 5, 2010

Day Five - My Favorite Recipes

I am not big on recipes. Josh and I aren't the pickiest eaters, but there certainly things we avoid (ie: fish), so we find a few things we like to make, and we make them regularly.

After Hannah was born, I waited about 6 weeks and started Weight Watchers. While on that diet (Josh at the same foods I did), we ate a LOT of salad. I developed a love for romaine lettuce with fresh cut strawberries, feta cheese (just a little) and Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing. I ate that 2 times a day most days, and could have probably eaten it for breakfast too. I was looking through the recipes on the WW website and came across a chicken recipe that looked awesome, so I made it. It was chicken breast cut up in bite sized pieces, then cooked - in GARLIC (my fave). After it was cooked, I added low sodium chicken broth and a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce. I let that simmer for about 5 minutes, paired it with brown rice and steamed veggies and had a delicious dinner. Yum.

I made a lasagna for Josh before we had babies and fell in love with the meat sauce that was in it, so I started using it as a spaghetti sauce. All that is was ground beef (again, cooked in minced garlic), a can of tomato sauce, a can of diced tomatoes and a decent amount of italian seasoning. That was a staple in our house for a long time. We also had baked mac&cheese that I made quite often from my Betty Crocker cookbook.

We don't use much besides these few recipes. We like to eat simple things, because let's face it, neither of us are awesome cooks, and with 2 kids, time in the kitchen is just not something we get a lot of anymore. I am hoping to find some new recipes to try out (that are hopefully diet friendly). We need some variety around here!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment