Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day Four - My Parents.

Hmm, how do I start this? My parents have known each other since they were in high school. I don't really know all the specifics, but I think that is right. Fast forward a few years, they have a daughter (me) in March of 1986 and they get married in March of 1987. In January of 1988, my brother is born. Life goes on for 20 years, and things start to fall apart. My parents were ultimately divorced sometime in early 2009.

Let's talk about them individually for a minute.

This is my mom (with Hannah, Cameron and Josh's stepdad)

My mom is funny. She likes to tell (sometimes gross) stories and jokes and loves to make me laugh. She is VERY good at it! She lives in Scottsdale Arizona (which is too far away) and is married to a very nice guy. She spoils her grandbabies like it is a full-time job, and sends them cute outfits, toys and Cameron's favorite snacks. Growing up, she was more the 'good cop' and made things a little easier on me. She is awesome and I love her.

My dad with Hannah.

Now onto my dad. Growing up, we had a terrible relationship. There is just something about our personalities that did not click well. I guess the saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' really is true, because when I moved home from California, things were much different. We have a pretty good relationship now. He lives a little more than an hour away, really close to Lake Michigan. We don't get to see him as often as I would like, but he keeps busy with a job and his new wife. I think he is very happy in his life right now.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment