Friday, November 12, 2010

Day Twelve - Beliefs

First and foremost, I would like to start this post off by saying that I do believe in God. I may not go to church or read the bible daily, but that does not mean that I do not believe. I went to a church camp when I was in middle school and learned a lot about God and everything that happened because of Him. Church was just not something important in our family while I was growing up. My friend Amy and I went pretty religiously when we were seniors in high school, and I went for a little while when I lived in California, but I am not and have never been a member of a church.

Onto other beliefs.

I believe that any type of sweet can cure heartbreak. Ask Amy. We used to eat pretzels dipped in frosting to forget bad things. I have eaten my share of ice cream and chocolate to try and ease my mind. Unfortunately for me, food was what I turned to a few years ago and really packed on the pounds. So these days, if I am ever feeling sad, I eat ONE tiny piece of something sweet and my mood perks up almost immediately. =)

As for future beliefs, we are going to be a house that believes in Santa. There is something so awesome about waking up on Christmas morning and finding out if you were naughty or nice, and if Santa came to visit you or not. We will leave milk and cookies for him and carrots for his reindeer, and when we wake up on Christmas morning, I am sure we will almost always find that Santa came to visit our house the night before. I am excited to watch my kids' reactions towards the holidays as they get older and start to understand what everything is all about.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment