Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Get to know a little about me!

My friend Jess posted this survey in her blog, and seeing that in high school I was obsessed with doing these, I thought it would be great fun to do one at age 24.

The FUN Questions:

- Jacob or Edward? Definitely Team Edward. Not based on his looks, but just about everything else about him is far better than Jacob.
- Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus? Taylor Swift. I love her voice.
- Flip Flops or Sneaks? Depends on the situation! I love flip-flops for day to day wear, but on rainy days or for the gym/walks, I like my tennies.
- Cook at home or go out? We have been a huge eating at home kick, and it shows in our bank account. I like it!
- How long can you stand your house being a mess before you clean it? Um, less than a day. I cannot stand to have a messy kitchen. I pick up toys in the living room 3 times a day and keep the rest of the house picked up. I don't vacuum or dust everyday, usually once a week, but the house stays pretty clean (even with Hurricane Cameron rolling through 3 times a day).
- Warm weather or cold weather? In between. My favorite seasons are fall & spring, between the excessive heat and freezing cold. I cannot wait for fall.
- Last minute or plan ahead? I am a planner, so definitely plan ahead.
- If you were given a million dollars what would you do with the money FIRST? (Be honest!) :) We would be building ourselves our dream home, followed by a bigger car for me (paid cash) and maybe a new car for Josh too. I would pay off our credit card balance and do some serious shopping to redecorate the dream home.
- Once your nail polish starts to come off, do you continue to pick at it until its all off or do you get out the nail polish remover and take it off ASAP? I leave it alone. I don't remember the last time I had nail polish on my fingernails, but I usually just let it grow out.
- What color do you wear the most? I used to wear pink almost every day, but now there really isn't a color I gravitate towards.
- Craziest spur-of-the-moment thing you've done? Hm, can't think of anything. I am not an adventurous person by any means.
- Would you shave your head for $50,000? No. How about $5,000? No. How about $500? No.
- You're starring in a new movie, what is your character name and tell us a little bit about her. I think her name would still be Alyssa. She would be in a 'Notebook' style romance with a tall, dark and handsome guy. She probably looks like me, minus 45 pounds and 10 times tanner, with GREAT fashion sense too, of course.

The "Favorite" Questions:

- Favorite Music? There isn't much I won't listen to, besides angry rap and super heavy metal. Besides that, everything is pretty much game. My absolute favorites are country and pop though.
- Favorite thing to wear? Gauchos, tank top and flip flops.
- Favorite thing to do by yourself? Work out.
- Favorite thing to do with Josh? Cuddle up in bed and watch a movie. Or go out for a night sans babies for dinner and a movie.
- Favorite thing to do with the girls? I haven't done anything with any girlfriends in awhile. It might be safe to say that I am lacking girlfriends at this point.
- Favorite Sister-in-law? I don't have any sisters-in-law. I have 1 brother-in-law, and he is great. 
- Favorite Holiday? Probably Christmas. It used to be 4th of July, but much of the hype is gone with that holiday (for me at least). I think I will love watching my kids tear into Christmas presents in the years to come.
- Favorite candy? Reese's pieces.
- Favorite Movie? Josh and I are obsessed with Step Brothers. We watch that movie all the time, and it never gets old. Another favorite is Father of the Bride.
- Favorite Book? I could never choose one. I love most of Nicholas Sparks' books, along with the Twilight series.
- Favorite Color? Pink and Green.

The Serious Questions:

- What easily frustrates you? Driving. It seems like everyone in this city has gotten progressively worse at driving in the past few years.
- What are your pet peeves? I cannot stand people that merge at the last minute in construction and mouth noises (lip smacking, loud crunching, etc).
- If you could redo one thing in your life what would it be? I would have gone to college straight out of high school and STAYED. I also probably would have skipped the moving to California all together. That being said, I don't regret one part of anything I have done in my life.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Both of my kids will be in school, so I am hoping to be working in a part-time job while they are gone. I love being home with them and can't imagine myself working a full-time job. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
- What is/are your biggest fear/s? Besides heights and flying, I am terrified of dying young.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Australia. Realistically, that flight is way too long and goes over far too much water for my liking, so I would probably go to Hawaii and call it good, although that flight goes over water too. Oh well.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island for 2 weeks and could only bring 3 personal items (no electronics) and 3 people, what 3 items and which 3 people would you bring? Items: a 2 week supply of gossip magazines, ingredients to make a strawberry/feta cheese salad for food, and pictures of my kids. People wise, I would bring Bradley Cooper, Jake Gyllenhaal and John Krasinski. That would be fabulous.
- If you could fix one thing that you know you will never be able to fix, what would it be? My middle toe on my left foot is screwed up after breaking it in the ocean. It functions just fine, but it looks hideous.
- Money aside, what would you do with your life? Where would you live? Would you work? If so, what would you want to do? If money was no option, and I could bring everyone I love with me, I would move back to Northern California in a heartbeat. I would definitely look into a part-time job once my kids are in school, not sure what I would do. I would love to be somewhere where there is something to do besides go to the park or the mall. Life gets rather boring in southwest Michigan. Especially in the winter.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love it! These things are the best. My SIL pulled that from somewhere random, she may have even made it up herself. haha

    ReplyDelete