Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catching up.

Life has been pretty normal over here for the past couple of weeks. The weather has continued to show us what fall will bring, complete with wind that knocks a bunch of leaves out of our trees. Guess it will be time to rake them up into huge piles very soon.

Cameron is still as crazy as ever. I (Josh didn't think it was a great idea) decided to transition him from 2 naps a day to 1. He seemed to benefit from 2 naps for a long time, until he decided that he would only sleep for an hour each time, which defeated the whole purpose. We had started a bad habit with him that we have decided to stop cold turkey while we are doing the other transition. We had been giving him a bottle half full of water to help him calm down and fall asleep, and last night was pretty bad. He was put into his crib at 7:30 and screamed and cried until 8:30. Josh finally decided to take a sippy cup of water up and he refused it. He finally fell asleep a little while later, thank god. It was pretty rough. Lesson learned, no water bottles in Hannah's bed.

Hannah seems to have improved after we switched her from the Gentlease formula to the Soy. She was having some serious digestion/stomach issues and now seems to be doing a whole lot better. She is growing really fast, and it hurts my heart to say that she will be 2 months old tomorrow (so look out for that post, complete with new pictures!). Thursday morning she goes to the pediatrician for a checkup and her 2nd round of vaccinations. Poor baby. I hate taking the kids for their shots. I am excited to see how much bigger she has gotten.

We don't really have too much going on this week. Tomorrow, I am going to get my eyebrows waxed and my hair cut. I am having a tough time deciding what I want to do to my hair. I might get a few inches cut off and some new bangs cut. I love getting pampered every once in awhile (it has been 7 months since my last trim). Josh and Cameron will go on Thursday night for their haircuts.

We are all getting cleaned up for my dad's wedding this weekend. I have to pick up my dress tomorrow from the lady who altered it. We went shopping 9 days after Hannah was born, so of course it needed to be altered, big time. Especially since it was a tad too big when it was purchased. I have lost an additional 15 pounds since I took the dress to the lady initially, so I hope it isn't too big. Nothing I can do about it now.

Let's talk about the weight loss. Since Hannah was born on July 15th, I have shed almost 45 pounds. That is 35 pounds of Hannah baby weight and 10 pounds of the Cameron baby weight I never worked on getting rid of. At this point, I am still 40 pounds away from my goal weight, so I guess I am half way there. Of course, I realize that it's going to get harder and harder to get rid of the weight as I lose it, and I'm okay with that.

I leave you with an overabundance of pictures from the past week and a half.

Cameron tried to fix the doorkob.
Then he tried to put it back in its place.

Hannah relaxing in her swing.

Mr. Muscles

Watching the Michigan game with daddy.


Playing with his crayon box.

Tummy time with Hannah Boo.

She was tired of the camera.

Getting his own juice out of the fridge.

Modeling daddy's Tigers hat.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment