Monday, September 20, 2010

Blog update & (dad's) wedding.

If you are one of my few blog readers, you have probably noticed that things are different. I have changed the url of the blog since we aren't just Josh, Alyssa and Cameron anymore. So if you want to add me to your blog list, please do! I promise I won't be changing the url any time soon. I am also working on a new button.

Alright, on to the weekend review.

My dad got remarried on Saturday. The day started off with thunderstorms. It was raining like crazy when Josh, the kids and I were out for breakfast. It cleared up for awhile, and started raining again as we loaded everything into the car and headed toward Holland. About half way there, the skies became clear and a tiny bit of sun peaked through the clouds. Phew.

When we arrived at the chapel, I was directed to a small building at the top of a hill. No problem, right? Wrong. The grass was soaking wet (& slippery!) and there was no walk way. Of course this was okay at first, seeing that I was wearing flip flops. Then I realized I was going to be in big trouble. I have been telling myself I needed to practice walking in the shoes I bought for this very occasion. Of course, I never did. After we got ready and started walking down the hill, Chelsea (new step-sister) and I aerated the grass for the owners. Maybe if enough people do that, they will add a sidewalk.

Everything from that point on went very well. The ceremony was great, besides the fact that the minister lady could not pronounce my dad & Diane's last names. Justin (step-brother), Chelsea and I poured colored sand into a glass bottle and I wished my brother was there with us (my dad poured his sand).

Cameron was adorable in his outfit (complete with robot tie!), as was Hannah. Everyone complimented them. Here are a few pictures from the wedding.

Dad and Diane


Cameron the explorer.

Pretty Girl.

Smiley girl =)

Mama and her babies.

Josh and the babes.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment