Sunday, July 11, 2010

Self restraint.

Today is Sunday. Hannah is being delivered Thursday morning (if she does not decide to come sooner on her own). By this point in the game, you would think I would have my bags packed, the car seat bases installed and everything ready to go. Wrong. I am a super planner. I love to have things done and ready in advance, but I knew that if I did that this time around, I would drive myself crazy. Having bags packed and sitting by the door for 2 weeks just sounds like something else to move when I need to clean, and more excitement for my heart that is already full and ready to explode.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few things packed already. I washed clothes last weekend and set aside all of Cameron's best looking outfits and PJs for his trip between grandmas. I picked out some clothes for Hannah too and put those aside. Her car seat is sitting on the floor in the office, right next to the breast pump, ready to be installed and occupied.

But none of my clothes/toiletries/personal items are packed. Same with Josh. He claims he couldn't go too many days without some of his clothes, so he will pack last minute. Seeing that I will probably be living in hospital gowns for 3-4 days, I don't have much to pack, and I can probably wait until Wednesday too. I just can't believe how much it is eating at me that I have the lists prepared, but I'm not doing anything about them. The planner/control freak in my brain is screaming at me!

Instead, I focus on cleaning the house. Washing clothes, bed sheets and mopping the floors. It is significantly harder to do most of these things now that my stomach is as large as it is, but I will do it to keep my mind off the fact that in 3.5 days, our daughter will be born and our family will be complete. Crazy.

Look forward to the 39 week (and final) pregnancy post tomorrow!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment