Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The return to blogging,

Since I have a tiny bit of quiet time while Hannah naps in her swing and Cameron entertains himself with a pair of my shoes, I thought I would finally do a blog update!

We have had a pretty smooth transition into a family of four. I'm sure it helps that Josh has been off of work since the day Hannah was born, so I haven't had my taste of reality just yet. The longest I have been alone with both kids was for about 2 hours yesterday, and in that time, Cameron was taking a nap and Hannah was pretty relaxed. I'm sure when Monday rolls around and Josh is back at work, I will be singing a different tune.

Cameron has adjusted really well to having a little sister. He loves to look at her and tries to feed her a bottle. Yesterday, he stood by her swing and put the pacifier in her mouth every time she spit it out. And he did it so patiently. The look on his face when he finally gets it back in is full of pride. He really is a great big brother.

Here he is trying to feed her a bottle.

And trying to put her pacifier in her mouth.

Now, there is definitely a lot of jealousy when it comes to his little sister. Anyone can hold her, but when she is being held, he needs to be held too. He will coming running at us with his arms wide open saying "need! need!" He usually doesn't like it when Josh holds Hannah, either. He has become a daddy's boy since Hannah was born. I know Josh loves it too.

Let's talk about sleep. The girl will sleep alllllll day long, but once 10 at night rolls around, she is wide awake. It usually takes us until at least midnight to get her back to sleep, if not later. The other night, I was up until 12:45 feeding her, holding her, trying to sing to her. Eventually, I sat in front of the computer with her in my arms and she fell asleep. The bright lights from the computer screen had me wide awake, but she was out. That's all that matters. She wound up sleeping for 5 hours straight, which is probably a no-no for a week old baby, but it hasn't happened again since.

How about an update on me? I have been feeling great for the past couple of days. Looks like the pains have finally starting subsiding. I haven't taken any pain pills in a couple of days, and the last time I did, it was because I had a killer headache that just wouldn't go away. Motrin 600 certainly took care of it! I have been lifting Cameron in and out of his bed, and putting Hannah and her carseat in and out of the car. I haven't taken it as easy as I probably should have, but thinking I wouldn't do either of those things is pretty ridiculous. How can you say no when a precious little boy looks up at you with his arms wide open, wanting you to hold him? As far as the baby weight goes, I am about 6 pounds away from what I weighed before I got pregnant. Of course, my body is warped and is definitely not looking the same as it did at that point, but I have plans for that. As soon as I get the okay from my OB, I am joining a local gym and starting back up on Weight Watchers. Look out for those posts, I am really excited about this! I have about 50 pounds to lose once I get rid of the baby weight, and I know I can do it. 

I laid Hannah on our bed this afternoon and took a couple of pictures of her. Here are the latest!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment