Friday, May 21, 2010

Show Us Your Life : Hometown

I was born in Santa Clara, California. I lived there until I was about 2 years old, and moved to Michigan with my parents. Ever since then, I have been a resident of Kalamazoo County (except for the year I went back to California, but found my way right back home).


Life is not too faced paced around here. Yes, it is a decent sized city with about 250,000 residents. Kalamazoo is home to Western Michigan University and the smaller Kalamazoo College. There are several parks and shopping centers, as well as restaurants and a decent shopping mall.


Downtown Kalamazoo is very diverse and architecturally pretty. There are several large buildings and a gorgeous hospital downtown.



More towards our side of town is a really nice walking/biking/blading trail known as the Celery Flats. The trail has been extended over the past few years, and we enjoy riding bikes or taking Cameron for a walk on the trail. There are also a couple of playgrounds for him to play on along the way.


Those are the highlights of Kalamazoo. There really isn't too much that happens around here, so we drive the 2.5 hours to Chicago or Detroit very often.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment