Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weight Watchers - Week 9 (and a kitchen remodel update).

I had another good week on Weight Watchers. Since yesterday was my actual weigh in day and it was a holiday, I didn't do a fancy post. I lost 1.4 pounds, which doesn't really seem like much, but it is still a loss. And considering I ate a lot of crap last week, I am thrilled with that number. So with that number added in, I have lost 35.8 pounds since starting WW in August. I am less than 20 pounds away from my goal weight, and I am getting excited. I have 19.2 pounds left. That's all!

The jeans I have been wearing for the past couple of months are starting to get way too loose. The jeans I wore when I got married fit perfectly. And yesterday, for the first time in a LONG time, I wore shorts. I have terrible insecurities when it comes to by legs - my thighs most specifically, so I was concerned with wearing them. But after I tried them on and realized they looked okay, I was more than willing to wear them. I mean, it was 90 degrees yesterday. Too hot for my usual capris. I am glad that I'm getting more comfortable with my body.

*********************
And in other news, my kitchen redecoration is FINALLY done. I started last Thursday when I was tired of the blah feeling in there. The walls were a boring shade (that I can't even explain, it was weird) and the sunflower border had to go. So I peeled off the paper, and scraped off the glue and got ready to paint. I chose a light blue shade because I wanted to brighten up the room.

Light Rain - Valspar





So the light rain paint is on 3 of the walls, and I painted the other white, just for some variety. I took the knobs off the drawers and cabinets and spray painted them silver (instead of gold). Josh replaced the outlets and their covers and hung up a coat hook for me. I added some red accents to compliment the wall color, and that is that! Yesterday was the first day that a lot of sunlight came in the kitchen, and it looked much bigger (and better) in there than it ever had. I am very happy with the turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment