Monday, May 23, 2011

Weight Watchers - Week 8.


Seeing this on my computer screen this morning is exactly what I needed. After last week's weigh in, I was feeling pretty discouraged. I wanted to give up. But I didn't. I kept up with my exercising (more on that in a minute) and switched up my points to try to get out of the rut I was in. I would say it worked, and I am very happy with the results. I weigh less now than I did when I got married 3.5 years ago. Yes! My pants are starting to fit a little looser and I can tell this plan is working because my face is getting skinnier. I almost don't recognize myself some days. I only have 4 weeks left with this turn on Weight Watchers, and I hope that I will lose another 8 pounds in that time. As of right now, I have lost 34.4 pounds, with 20.6 left to go. It feels SO good to be more than half way to my goal. I'm sure I will sign up for another 3 month run when this one runs out, and should be completely done with my weight loss and be maintaining my weight at that point. How exciting!

Anyways, about the exercise. It is official - I am not a runner. Josh and I made it through 2 weeks of the C25k program before my legs started freaking out. My shins felt like they had been sent through a meat grinder, but I pushed through it in hopes that the pain would go away. Well, it didn't. So after we finished week 3 on Thursday, we decided we would find a new way to get our exercise in. Well, a couple of years ago, we bought a trailer to hook onto the back of my bike to pull Cameron around. Yesterday, we got the bikes and trailer down, pumped up all the tires, and headed out for a mile ride to McDonald's for lunch. By the time we got home, we had ridden 3 miles and my legs were on fire. Hauling 55 pounds of kids behind your bike - UP HILLS - was a challenge. I think I was sweatier doing that than I was while I was 'running'. I look forward to keeping it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment