Monday, May 2, 2011

Weight Watchers Update.

I have officially reached week 5 (or 39, if you're counting from the beginning of my weight loss journey). Here's how the weigh in went this morning:


As you can tell, they are a little worried about the 5 pound drop in one week, but I can assure you that it probably won't happen again. On the weeks I get lazy, I switch back from Diet Coke/Pepsi to regular Coke and other sugary drinks, so when I am back on track, I cut back on the sugar by at least 90%. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the 5 pound drop. That, and not eating the Easter candy I wanted so badly from last weekend.

Another new thing this week is my C25k journey. (Look it up here if you're interested). Josh suggested I try this to help my efforts to fit back into my skinny jeans. I was not looking forward to it, at all. I absolutely hate running, and it stems back to middle and high school gym class. Running the mile for a grade? Ridiculous! It took me at least 15 minutes each time I had to run it, and probably got a terrible grade in the class to show for it. On Saturday afternoon, we loaded the kids up in the most inconvenient stroller to use while jogging and headed out to try day 1. A brisk 5 minute walk? No problem. Then comes the jogging. 60 seconds. I am telling myself "you can do this. You can do this." And when the headphones in my ear beep telling me it's time to walk, I am thrilled. For 90 seconds, until it's time to jog again. Needless to say, by the time we finished day 1, I was exhausted. And I am embarrassed. I am 25 years old and horribly out of shape.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided I was going to go for another walk/jog. I did about 2/3 of what I did on Saturday and I am paying for it today. My legs are so sore. The abs that are somewhere lost in my stomach are aching. And my shoulders are feeling a bit worn out as well. This is great though. I am hoping that by the time the 9 weeks are over, my beloved Silver jeans from 2006 will fit me again. Help me out, C25k!

No comments:

Post a Comment