Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Yes, I realize this post is a little premature, but I am excited!

If you remember from this post, I am the proud owner of a Nook Color. I have had it for almost 4 months and have read a good amount of books on it, but have semi-regretted my purchase. It is a great product, don't get me wrong, but I bought it for the wrong reasons. I was jaded by the ability to get on the web on it. What I didn't realize is the fact that reading it in sunlight is difficult. I had to adjust the screen brightness (to the highest level!) and it still wasn't right. And isn't that the point of an eReader? To be able to read comfortably? It is almost summer, and I envision many days of playing outside with the kids and reading a book in the warm weather. But I can't do that with the Nook I have.

Also mentioned in that post is the tablet Josh got himself for Christmas. He hates it. After doing research, he discovered he could 'jailbreak' my Nook Color and use it as a tablet. After hearing this news, I was on the hunt for the best deal on a regular Nook. And I found it. I ordered myself a refurbished Nook from Overstock for $88 (including shipping and a 2 year warranty). How is that for awesome? I was a little skeptical about a refurbished one, but Josh convinced me that they are almost in brand new condition by the time they are fixed and resold. The website has a 30-day, money back guarantee, so I guess I can't really lose.

So say hello to my new friend, who I hope to use often and get a ton of books read this summer. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That's a steal. Care to share what books you normally read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all the Hunger Games books on it, and started Harry Potter. I just bought Water For Elephants and the first 2 books in the Outlander series, and will start them once the Nook gets here.

    Can you tell MeMo inspires my reading list? ;)

    ReplyDelete