Monday, January 16, 2012

A post in which I whine about potty training.

Cameron is a little more than 3 years old. I've been working with him on learning to use the potty for a LONG time now. We have tried the 3-day potty training, which was an epic fail. Since then, I've become really chill about the subject. "He'll do it when he's ready," blah blah. Yeah, I'm sure he will. But there are many reasons that he needs to use a potty.


  • Preschools around here won't take him until he is potty trained
  • Buying diapers for 2 kids is becoming a huge PITA.
  • He's old enough to tell me what is/isn't in his diaper, he can learn
  • We've purchased a ton of 'big boy underwear' that he refuses to wear, and has now outgrown
  • Because I want him to
I feel like those are all legit reasons. So what is he doing now, you ask? After watching 10 minutes of the Elmo potty movie, he decided he wanted his potty in front of the TV so he can watch Sponge Bob and sit on it. He's been there for close to 20 minutes and refuses to be moved off of it. Sigh. I will pay someone to come potty train this kid for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment