Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Recap.

Like always, I've been a terrible blogger and haven't posted about our Christmas yet. We were spoiled.

We started off with Christmas Eve at Josh's mom & stepdad's house. They always order pizza and we open gifts together. Cameron and Hannah had been trying to open the presents at home for weeks at this point, and seeing the gifts at Nana's house made it even more exciting. I didn't take very many pictures while we were there, but these are the best ones from Christmas Eve.





We stayed there until 7:30-ish, then came home to put out our cookies and milk for Santa Claus.




Soon after the kids went to sleep, Santa came!


Hannah's loot

Cameron's pile

Gifts from Grammy, Auntie, Mom & Daddy.


I woke up early (without crying kids, ugh) and got ready for the day. By 7, I couldn't wait any more and woke the kids up. Cameron is usually pretty cranky if he gets woken up, but not on Christmas!







The kids played with their new toys while Josh and I tried to clean up the living room around them. It looked like Toys R Us and a neighboring wrapping paper store exploded in our house. It took us about 2 days to find a home for all the new toys and to move older ones out. To say our dumpster was full for trash pick up last week is an understatement.

Late Christmas morning, we loaded up the kids and drove to my grandparents' house. I've been doing that for as long as I can remember. We always have an awesome brunch there, and everyone got to see the kids. I didn't take my camera with me, so no pictures from there. The kids were spoiled there, too.

The day after Christmas (still in the middle of clean up at this point) was a pretty relaxed day. We cleaned up at home until noon, then went back to Josh's mom's house. There, we did Christmas with his grandparents and his aunt/uncle/cousins from out of town. Once again, the kids were spoiled. One of my many new years' resolutions is to stop buying them so much stuff throughout the year so that when Christmas comes, it's more fun for them.

Anyway, pictures from that party -








I know what you're thinking. "Geez, this chick's pictures are freaking terrible!" But not for long, folks. Thanks to the post I made last week on this here lovely blog, I am now the proud owner of a speedlite flash for my camera. Gone are the days of terrible pictures due to low/crappy light. Look forward to better looking pictures in 2012. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment