Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Way Back Wednesday.




A couple of the ladies from a mommy message board I frequent have started a fun new tradition on Wednesdays. This week's theme is 'What are your favorite memories from your honeymoon?' I am excited to relive the week we spent!

Josh and I were married on October 13, 2007. We didn't really have the money to take a honeymoon right away, so we saved up the money we received as gifts and some of the money from our paychecks and headed to Orlando in December.

Josh's mom and step-dad are members of a time share community, so we got an awesome suite for the week we were there. We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resorts and had a great time.


The resort was really nice. The pool was big, hardly ever busy, and there were hammocks all over the property for relaxing. The room was a huge 2-bedroom suite with a super nice whirlpool tub in the big bedroom. I don't have a nice tub like that at home, so I spent a good amount of time in it.

We went to Orlando with the intention of getting out of the snow for a week. We didn't really have any set plans, anywhere special we wanted to go. Josh drove me through Disney World's open roads, and convinced me that we definitely had to go. I was pretty skeptical, thinking that we could find something better to spend $500 on, but I gave in.


there we are on the monorail to Magic Kingdom on the first day.



love this picture!


they put that on the back of our car for that ride.


one of many characters met.


at the 'it's tough to be a bug' show.


We spent 2 days at Disney World. We didn't really take pictures of much else. We did some shopping, relaxing and exploring in Orlando and had a great time. We are looking forward to going back once the kids are big enough to have a good time. Can't wait!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea that they put a "just married" sign on the back of the cars!! How cute!

    Of course, you know my love for Disney ;) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics!! So did you have a great time at Disney? Was it worth the $500? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney honeymoons seem like so much fun, I love all the special attention they give you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about honeymooning at Disney World was fun. The special attention for having the "just married" pins on was excellent! We got a free margarita at Epcot for having them on. I should have added that picture. Hubby liked that a lot. :)

    It was definitely worth the $500! I can't stop thinking about going back and neither can he. We will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete