Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back in the saddle again.

Now that you've got some Aerosmith in your head, let's start this post.

I had made it a resolution to work on my blog a lot this year for a few reasons. One, because there are 4 people that read it and secondly, I pay for the domain, so I should be taking advantage of the outlet. Well, life has gotten in the way, and I have been seriously slacking. Please forgive me. :) School is in full swing. I am overwhelmed. Exhausted. My brain hurts. As if 13 credit hours isn't enough, let's throw in two crazy toddlers. You know, the kind that get into EVERYTHING and for some unknown reason, didn't come with a mute button. There is a reason college comes right after high school, and I should have taken advantage of the opportunity to get it over with then. Don't get me wrong, these kids are amazing, and I'm very lucky to even have the support of family to get me through the weeks, but it is hard to focus on school when you walk into the living room and are overwhelmed by the smell of syrup. Um, what? Breakfast was over at least an hour before this. That's right, I am the lucky person that got to dig syrup out of the creases of the couch. And clean the smeared stickiness off books, the floor and the coffee table. I still haven't even found the bottle that created this nightmare. Perhaps I should look for that.

Anyway. So that is my life right now. Hours, upon hours of homework (this is for real. my classes this semester are very demanding). And two small tornadoes that know the perfect (er, not so perfect) times to strike. Sigh.

In other news, I am back on the wagon. What wagon, you ask? Well, it's been a year and a half, and I'm still struggling with the weight loss. I have come so far, and let my self slip right back into old habits. I was 5 pounds from my goal. 5. And then I decided I was tired of being restricted, so I let myself go. And now I'm back up where I don't want to be. Sure, I know what to do to ditch the pounds, but it takes time. I am in it for real this time. This is it. I am back on Weight Watchers and this time, I'm going to reach my goal. When I started yesterday, I was about 30 pounds from my goal. It broke my heart into a million pieces when I saw that number. I was disgusted, angry and mostly sad. I am hoping that I will have the willpower and motivation to get rid of the weight and keep it off.

My biggest motivation right now is this:
My brother is getting married in October, and I will be a part of their wedding party. His fiancee has tiny friends and sisters, so I refuse to be up there next to them and feel self conscious. Plus, summer is right around the corner, and I want to wear cute clothes! So anyway, bear with me while I complain about missing Taco Bell and Coke. I won't be missing out on too much Chipotle though. I will gladly use my weekly points for that burrito-bowl deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment