Monday, August 15, 2011

I love a good deal.

Saturday morning, Josh, the kids and I headed to Kohl's for a little retail therapy. Or torture, if you ask Josh. ;)  Anyway, I was browsing the clearance sections and came across some great deals. I am so proud of them, I have to share.

I found a sticker-less candle that looked like a Yankee, so I picked it up and examined it. The tag on the bottom said it was a Yankee Candle, the vanilla frosting flavor to be more exact. There was a clearance sticker that displayed the price at a whopping 80% off. Say what? That never, ever happens. The candle was marked $4.39. That is so awesome!
Unfortunately for me and my new candle, while moving furniture around the living room on Sunday afternoon, The candle was dropped off the top of our bookshelf and the glass shattered. Josh saved the actual candle, so now I have to find it a new home to burn in.

Also purchased on Saturday was a set of wall sconces. Our living room has a wall that has been in need of some sort of decoration. We put up a shelf, complete with the Willow Tree figurines that Cameron hasn't broken (grr...) and a couple of pictures on it and needed something else on the wall. Enter these sconces, regularly priced at $29.99 on clearance for $5.99.

Love them.

And last, but not least, is the best deal of them all. As you know, I am starting school in 3 weeks, and I have been looking for a backpack for awhile now. I found this bag right next to my Yankee candle and knew I had to have it.

Josh and I looked over the backpack a few times to see if anything was wrong with it, but found no flaws. I haven't been able to find it online, so I am assuming it's an older bag marked down because the pattern was discontinued. Either way, $22 for a $55 bag is a great deal.

And I bet you're thinking that is as good as it gets. Nope! I (foolishly) applied for a Kohl's card last year, so I get additional coupons throughout the year. This time, I got a 30% off coupon, so I got an additional 30% off the things I bought.

All 3 items cost me $24. And I saved $88.

2 comments:

  1. Nice deals! Now I want to check out my local Kohls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kohl's has quickly become my new favorite. Can't beat 30% off and Kohl's cash!

    ReplyDelete