Monday, August 8, 2011

Getting back on track.

It's official. I fell back into a funk in the past few weeks.

I stopped dieting. Ugh, I hate myself for it, but I was so burnt out from months of counting every single thing I ate and decided to go crazy. There really is no excuse for it, because I was doing so well. I know it's because I stopped using Weight Watchers and no longer have to be held accountable for what I'm shoveling into my mouth. There have been days that I decided to drink regular Coke instead of Diet, which undoubtedly will help me gain back 10 pounds, easy.

And exercise? Psh, what's that? We all know that I had been giving the C25k program a shot in the beginning of the summer, but shin splints ended that adventure. Josh's stepdad gave me some pointers to avoid the shin splints, so I am planning on getting my butt in gear and going out for morning runs 3 times a week. I am kicking myself for being so close to my goal and giving up. Because let's face it, taking a break is essentially giving up.

What brings me to this conclusion? Well, for starters, I want to revamp my wardrobe. I am a jeans and tshirt kind of girl, but there are times that I feel like throwing on a pretty dress and feeling good about myself. And have you seen Ashley at The Stauffer Shenanigans? She looks amazing, and she hasn't given up! She is my motivation.

If you read this and you have some inspiration to help motivate my lazy self, lay it on me. I am 15 pounds away from my goal and I KNOW I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, thank you so much for your sweet words!

    And second of all, I KNOW exactly how you feel. I went through a period during WW where I gained back & felt like crap. The guilt of eating junk was horrible. But then something just sparked in me. I wanted to feel good about myself, wear cute clothes, feel like a 26 year old woman & not a frumpy mom of 2. (not that you are, but that's exactly how I felt when I looked in the mirror.)

    You can do this, sweetie. I know you can. Let me know if you need any tips of yummy low point dinners :)

    ReplyDelete