Thursday, June 30, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane.

It's finally here! Tomorrow after lunch, we are headed to Chicago. By the time we get there, it will be early afternoon, and our flight doesn't leave until 8, so we found a place to pit stop. We are going to hit up a mall near the airport to let the kids play around (indoor play area) and have dinner. After a 3 hour drive, we will need to stretch our legs, and it would be nice if the kids were tired for the flight!

Once we board the plane, the flight is about 4 hours long. But - we were smart and planned the flight around bedtime with high hopes that both kids will sleep throughout the entire flight. *fingers & toes crossed!* Josh and I have a season of The Office to catch up on, so we will do that on the flight. I hope it makes it fly (haha) by. I am such a nervous flier.

Where are we going? Scottsdale. Why? To visit my mom and stepdad. I haven't seen my mom since Hannah was born last July, and haven't seen my stepdad in 2 years. So it's time. I know what you're thinking. We're crazy to pack up and head to the desert in the middle of the summer, but that is why air conditioning exists. And shade.

What do we have to look forward to? Let's see...


Wow. All I can say is, I'm glad I started wearing shorts. And thank god for tank tops.

It will be a great visit. We will celebrate Hannah's birthday and experience a change in scenery. I am excited for this trip and will hopefully take tons of pictures to share when we return. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa and family this is Barry. I just looked at Mom's Facebook on a whim and saw your nice post. Just wanted you to know that your Mom loves you all (and so do I) very much and has spent a lot of time and effort to prepare for you guys and to ensure you have a wonderful time. I appreciate your Mom beyond words and love her very much and treat her like fine crystal, I trust you all feel the same. She has great plans so hang on cuz Sat. is the day.
    Love from us both always, B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip! We can't wait to see you guys. Oh, and remember, it's a dry heat!! Don't let the T-storms bother you too much. They are always short lived. Love you guys! Mom

    ReplyDelete