Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1st birthday planning.

I can't believe we're already here. Well, technically, a little more than 3 months away, but still. My girl is almost 9 months old. *cries* My mind has been buzzing with birthday party ideas recently. What should we do? Her birthday is in July. Perfect for an outside party. Josh's mom has a pool and a nice sized yard, so no worries about crowding everyone inside the house. Let me share the ideas I have now...

For Cameron's 1st birthday, I made this banner.
It is hanging in his room now. It's amazing he hasn't ripped it down yet. And now that I've jinxed myself... But I definitely plan on doing one of these for Hannah too.

Now that I've started writing this post, I realize I don't have a whole lot of ideas.

-I want to make cupcakes and a smash cake for her.
-Pulled pork is always a crowd pleaser - and it's simple and feeds a lot of people. Sounds good to me. Mix in some pasta/potato/fruit salads, a veggie tray and some chips and we've got a menu. Simple summer food. Maybe some hot dogs for the kids?
-We got a cool drink dispenser for Christmas. I'm thinking lemonade. Yum.
-She already has a dress. I got a great deal on it at Meijer.
- The color scheme is obvious. Her room is painted with 3 pink walls and 1 green, so we will use a lot of pink and incorporate green into it as well. Maybe pink plates/cups and green silverware? Fun!


That's it for now. I will have to decide if I want to make invitations or just be lazy and buy some. The party won't be huge, just a lot of family. I look forward to celebrating my girl's (extra busy) first year of life.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment