Friday, January 28, 2011

Time is flying.

I know I use that line in almost every blog post I write, but it is true. In the last couple of weeks, big things have been happening around our house and I am dying to share them.

Cameron has become quite the sponge lately. He is repeating almost every single word he hears and is finally starting to put together some sentences. His favorite and most used being "Nana house please." He will tell me when it is time to change Hannah's diaper "Didee change Hannah," and he will also tell me when he has gone to the bathroom, which hopefully means potty training is going to be going down pretty soon. (YES!) He still loves his sister more than anything in the world and loves giving her kisses. He is fond of the video game 'Just Dance 2' and encourages me to 'dance dance, mommy dance!' regularly.

Hannah is doing great. She just recently starting eating solid foods twice a day, something she loves. I bought some fresh fruit and vegetables and pureed them into my own baby food in an effort to save money. While it is time consuming, it is also rewarding. She has decided that she loves sweet potatoes, applesauce and pears. The green beans weren't as big a hit as I thought they might be, but we will try again. For my second batch, I pureed some bananas and have some carrots to try out. We will get her to eat more than her favorites, no doubt about it.

Besides the solid foods, she has started sitting up all by herself. She had started trying while we were at Jessica's house, but by now, she is almost an expert. She has also been holding her own bottles and feeding herself, and she is a better sleeper! I never thought the day would come. She takes 2 solid naps throughout the day and will sleep for a consecutive 11-12 hours at night. Of course, there are still the nights where she needs her pacifier so badly she screams, but she is getting better.






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment