Monday, March 25, 2013

Life Changes.

I made this one of my New Years Resolutions in December, but I am now finally back on the diet bandwagon. It's pretty official, thanks to this email:


I am the kind of person who HATES wasting money. I have struggled internally for the past few weeks trying to decide if I should spend the money to join Weight Watchers again. I have had incredible success in the past, but the thought of spending $60 at once makes me cringe. And since I am the kind of person that hates to waste money, I know that by signing up for this and spending that $60, I will stick to it. If I don't, it will make me insane.

The same goes with a gym membership. I was lucky enough to have a membership at the YMCA a year ago that my mom generously paid for, but I eventually stopped going. I was bored of the whole concept and decided that a cheeseburger and a coke sounded much more appealing than an hour at the gym. A few months later, I joined a different gym, one that was super cheap, but again, issues. It was in an inconvenient location, they didn't offer childcare, etc. So I quit going there too. Ugh. This is becoming a pattern now. Well, as of last Thursday, I am once again a member of the local YMCA. It is going to be pretty expensive to go there, but the perks of being able to go whenever I want and having someone available there to watch my kids (for $1 each time. Yes, just $1. For 2 kids. For 2 hours.) make it so very worth it.

So come along, once again, on my never ending weight loss experience. It has been about 2.5 years since I started this whole thing, and I am embarrassed to say that I have ridden a rollercoaster this entire time, really great highs (low numbers on the scale) and scary dips back to my old habits. But this time? I'm holding myself accountable and finally getting healthy. If not for me, definitely for my family. I want nothing more than to be around and with them for a long time. These are just the first steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment